It is honestly hard to believe that in just a few days we will be in a whole new decade! 2020! Not so long ago it seemed like it was forever away, and now it's here.
I am not one for the whole New Year Resolution or New Year, New Me mantra; however, I do like the feeling of a fresh clean slate....and boy do I need one right now! The New Year always feels like a time to start fresh and de-clutter your mind, body, spirit. A time to
regroup and figure out what your next step is and how to get there. I don't think I've done the best job of that in the past. Well, I said that but I have achieved some pretty awesome personal goals. This is me reminding myself to be positive, because one thing I want to work on starting in 2020 and beyond, is being more positive about myself. I have really learned how tough I can be on myself because I feel like that is what others perceive. I want to start truly seeing my accomplishments and not focusing on my flaws. I've always allowed the flaws to out-weight my achievements. If I don't think highly of myself, then how can I expect others to? I've got a slew of things I need to work on personally and professionally. Below I will list just a few of the things I want to start working on in the New Year.
My New Goals
- Getting My CPA License by March 2020
- Currently review and exams are scheduled
- Getting back to my goal weight
- Meal prepping and counting macros using My Fitness Pal
- Increasing water intake to 70 ounces/day
- Revamping my blog
- Determine my brand
- Brainstorm ideas
- Continue pursuing my goal to become fluent in Spanish
- Continue DuoLingo Lessons
- Try watching Spanish TV shows
- Find Meet Up groups with others learning Spanish
- Working on my self confidence
- Keep a log of my accomplishments in a journal
- Pursue development opportunities
- Developing myself professionally
- Getting my CPA licesnse
- Being active in my local Young Professionals Organization and ERGs
- Travel to a New Place or Two
- Decide where I want to go and who wants to go with me!
- Book It!
- Working on Family Relationships
- Call more often (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.)
- Visit more
- Ummmm..... ???? Go out more??? LOL
I am actively working on goal number one as wee speak. I'm half way done! Woot!! Planning to get back in the gym once I've completed exams, but I want to start with eating healthier and water intake. I should probably start with a good detox. I want to revamp my blog as I mentioned in a previous post. This all started out with me sharing my hair journey, but I think I want to share so much more than that. I will still try to do the occasional hair post (FYI I just straightened my hair about 3 weeks ago and did a trim. Progress is great but still need some work).
I think this is a pretty good list so far. I not only want to make a goal, but layout the actions I will be taking. I'm ready to make these changes in my life for the better for 2020 and beyond! How about you?
What are some goals you have going into 2020? What plans do you have to make these goals actionable? Drop a note in the comments below.