Monday, September 2, 2019

This Has Kept Me Exercising Consistently for the Last Three Years

Three years ago I made a decision that really changed the game for my fitness and health.  I cannot believe I have kept it going this long, but now it has become a routine; a part of me. I have gone through several cycles of -  weight gain, exercise, eat better, see results, fall off the wagon, weight gain.  I have finally found something that has kept me on my toes and kept me accountable, I've made amazing friends to help push me along the way. The workouts alone definitely did not do it for me. The hard part is eating the right amounts of the right stuff.

So what is it that has gotten me on my game? That has me striving to be my best me, to be better than i was the last time? I'm sure you've herd of it, and I know there are some people who have some mixed feelings about it. Three years ago, in March/April 2016
I joined Orangetheory Fitness.  My sister and I signed up to do a free 1 week trial right before the grand opening of the new studio. I had heard about it on a few radio talk shows and such, but here it was coming to my city.  I was just starting to get back to watching my diet and exercising a little more. I had been doing a little hot yoga at that time (I had a Groupon Deal...but quickly learned that doing yoga in a hot, crowded room, next to a guy with a puddle of sweat around him, stepping on my mat, and the lovely stench of a fart that someone was unable to hold in drifting through the hot humid air...🤮) But I digress...

I had gained 30 pounds from the last time I had dropped down to my near goal weight. Stopped working out and had gained it all back plus some. I was ready to do something about it, and so came OTF.

That first week was ROOOOUUUUGH... I swore up and down I wasn't signing up for that torture. Three years later, I love to hate it so! I have seen so much improvement in my appearance as far as tone and muscle definition as well as my physical performance.  It's all about competing with yourself and being better than you were the last time.

For those of you that wonder what Orangetheory Fitness is, it is high impact interval training designed to work all parts of the body.  You wear a heart rate monitor and the goal is to get in your personal target heart rate zone for 12 minutes out of the entire 60 (or 90) minute class. Each minute in the orange zone earns you a splat point. The template for every class is always different.  The focus for any class can be Endurance, Strength, Power, or a mix of all three (ESP).  There are TV monitors in the class so that you can find your name in a box on the screen to see if you've made it to that target HR zone or the Orange Zone; hence the name Orangetheory.  The zones range from Grey, Blue, Green, Orange, and Red. I'm always trying to get that box from green to Orange. Every class involves work on treadmills, the rower, and floor exercises with or without weights.

I am by no means a spokes woman or getting paid to talk about this. I just want to share what has been working for me thus far.  I do think they are kind of on the pricey end, even for me; and I have a founding member discounted rate.  I know some people who do Orangetheory in between other workout programs.  It is for anyone at any age and any fitness level. When I first joined I was a power walker, now I'm a runner. It's all about going at your own pace and focusing on you. The coaches and members at my studio are so positive and encouraging. It feels like a family when i walk in those doors.  I just love it!


Have you tried Orangetheory Fitness? What are your thoughts? What are some things that you feel keep you motivated to stay consistent with your exercise routine?  Let me know in the comments below!


Stay Fit Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome. :)

Featured Post...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2020!!!!

Happy Holidays to the one person that might be reading this!  Mine have been a bit busy with studying for exams. I'm trying to cram a lo...

Popular Posts