Since I really wanted to go ahead and get this trim out of the way, this wash day was all about protein and moisturizing in preparation for my flat ironing and trim session. Here's how this wash day experience went down.
The Cast of This Weeks Wash Day Experience
|Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner|ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo||
ORS Hair Mayonnaise|Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner|Argan Oil|
Kinky Curly Knot Today|ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructurizer
GVP Silk Remedy
1. I parted my hair into four sections and applied Silk Dream's Wheat Germ Butter conditioner as I detangled. No particular reason for this, I was just trying to use up product.
2. Shampooed with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo to clarify my hair.
3. Deep conditioned under my heating cap with ORS Hair Mayonnaise for a protein boost.
4. Next I applied Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner and Argan Oil to seal in the moisture. I had planned to steam rinse and blow dry, but I was so tired I ended up leaving it in overnight.
5. The next morning I sat under my hair steamer for about 20 minutes with the conditioner and oil in my hair and allowed my hair to cool off before rinsing.
6. Next I towel dried my hair for about 20 minutes, then I applied my leave-ins which were: Kinky Curly Knot Today, ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructurizer, and GVP Silk Remedy as my sealant and heat protectant.
7. I blow dried my hair using the cool setting which feels more like look warm when I turn up the air speed on the blow dryer.
I clipped about 1 to 1.5 or so inches from each section as I flat ironed my hair, so I didn't get a before and after comparison pic. I figured it would be quicker to trim as I flat ironed so I didn't have to go back through all over again. This was my first time trimming this way. I wanted to make sure to trim off any thin, damaged, or split ends. After I finished trimming by section, I pulled my hair back in a low pony tail and snipped a little off the tip. I don't think it turned out too bad. I could probably trim a little more.
Looks like I'm still at APL, which is about where I was back in October. This year I haven't been so concerned with my length retention as much as just overall healthy hair and learning about how to manage my natural texture. My nape has also been a major focus. You can read about my most recent update here. My ultimate goal is still to reach a long thick and healthy MBL length and I definitely plan to get there.
So how was your wash day? Have you met any of your ultimate hair goals for 2014?
Thanks for reading and HHG!