Thursday, November 1, 2012

Wash Day Oct. 26

Soooo my wash day did not go too well and neither did my roller set.  I think I may have gone overboard with my products.  So I started off prepooing (warm) coconut oil on my scalp and I did a mild protein treatment(ORS Hair Mayonaise) on the rest of my hair.  I did also do a protein treatment the week before, but I thought another mild treatment might be helpful because i had some breakage (I believe) a few days after that last wash.  I'm not sure how to completely stop that or what I am doing wrong.  Anyway, my hair did feel soft after rinsing out the prepoo. Oh I forgot to mention that I steamed for 15 minutes before rinsing.

Next I shampooed with Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Shampoo (I think this is a clarifying shampoo).  I decided to try it out after reading how great it is on the blog justgrowalready.com.  I think I used Roux Porosity Control Next then Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Treatment.  Next I deep conditioned with the second half of my Argan Oil from last week under my steamer for 15 minutes.  My hair again felt really really soft.  I loved it.  Then I decided to do a clear rinse because I read how great it was.  How it adds shine and also adds slip to prevent breakage making it easier to detangle your hair.  Well this was not the case for me.  This is where everything went wrong.  My hair felt kind of hard.  I started to wonder if I had used too many products....  I proceeded to put in my leave in conditioner (Darcy's Botanicals Leave-In) and I used Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum to seal.

I attempted to do my roller set.  Unfortunately not only did I roll my hard hair, but when it was time to get ready for the wedding my hair was still wet! :(  I wanted it to air dry.  I tried to tame it as best I could.  It wasn't too bad, but it wasnt what i was hoping for.

On Sunday I rewashed my hair with Paul Mitchell again to get out all the product I had put into my hair.  Then I used Roux Porosity Control and PM Super Skinny Treatment.  After that I deep conditioned using KeraPro restorative treatment under my hair dryer for about 15 minutes.  After rinsing I did my leave-in and used Organix Coconut Oil Anti-Breakage Serum (I used this the week before also and my hair felt amazing).  I wrapped and let my hair air dry (I had nowhere to go this time).  It felt much better and much softer.

I have learned my lesson.  Never go overboard on the products.  All of that was not necessary.  And I need to really be careful because i think I have about an inch of new growth now (6 wks post relaxler). Woo! I'm trying to moisutize I seal everynight now (but I'm not caring for that too much because i dont like when my hair looks oily).  But I've got to do what I've got to do to protect my locks.  Protective styling is something I will have to adopt. And weaves are definitely not my thing.  I like to wear my own hair so I will have to start getting creative.  Maybe more so when I get a little more length.  Next wash day is coming up soon.  Let's see how this turns out.  I have a lot to learn still.


Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome. :)

Featured Post...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2020!!!!

Happy Holidays to the one person that might be reading this!  Mine have been a bit busy with studying for exams. I'm trying to cram a lo...

Popular Posts