Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Today's Hair - Kind of Messy

Okay, so I'm trying to get this protective styling down.  Not very good at it as far as variety.  I usually will wear my hair down the first couple days after my wash, and then when it starts getting oily I just clip it up in the back. Very BORING.  Now I'm starting to get quite a bit of new growth and it is becoming unmanageable.  It's not even 6 weeks yet and I'm worried that I'm going to cave in and abort my relaxer streatch.  Last night I thought maybe doing a wavy look would help my length kind of match my roots.  I braided my hair (messily) in cornrows and used a little hair spray.


The next morning I took the braids down for a messy wavy style.  I think it turned out okay.  I still ended up pulling it back in a clip, but it gave me a different look to try.  I may try this again, but man putting cornrows in your own head can be tiresome. LOL!


Does anyone else know of any simple and easy protective style ideas to try for medium length hair?



Thanks for reading,

Andrea :)

4 comments:

  1. You could do two french braids with a bun at the back or perhaps crotchet braids...my protective styles for unmanageable new growth which is usually from week 10-12 onwards is always an extension do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I will give that a try next. I may have to buy a bun to add on, I dont have enough hair for a good bun.

      Delete
  2. You can also try bantu knot outs and twist outs. You can then protect your ends by putting those textured styles into an updo. Bantu knots and twists out are much easier to put in than cornrows. I can definitely relate on your comment about cornrows being hard tiresome. Lol.

    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for the nomination and the protective style idea! I really want to try the bantu knot outs. :)

      Delete

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome. :)

Featured Post...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2020!!!!

Happy Holidays to the one person that might be reading this!  Mine have been a bit busy with studying for exams. I'm trying to cram a lo...

Popular Posts